Yuqing Chen

Master of Contemporary Art

My work seeks to explore self-reflection, the relationship between identity and body, through video, installation and photography. During this isolation period, I have had time to make observations of everyday life. I have started to look at myself and the objects around me more; a lot, lot more. I am really interested in the connection of the self (the internal world) to the outside world. Through my work, I ask the question: what is the nature of the self?

Yuqing Chen, Your life is controlled by the moles on your face, Eyes and The Mole Story, C-Type Digital Prints, Framed, video projection, Hardcover Book, 2020. Documentation by Christo Crocker.
Yuqing Chen, Your life is controlled by the moles on your face, Eyes & The Mole Story, framed C-Type Digital Prints, video projection, hardcover book, 2020. Documentation by Christo Crocker, Eliza Dyball and Aaron Rees.
Yuqing Chen, Pieces and Untitled, C-Type Digital Prints, Framed, video projection, 2020
Yuqing Chen, Pieces and Untitled, framed C-Type digital prints, video projection, 2020. Documentation by Christo Crocker, Eliza Dyball and Aaron Rees.
Yuqing Chen, Eyes, video projection, 2020
Yuqing Chen, Untitled, video projection, 2020
Yuqing Chen, Pieces, C-Type Digital Prints, Framed, 2020
Yuqing Chen, Pieces, framed C-Type digital prints, 2020
Yuqing Chen, Your life is controlled by the moles on your face, C-Type Digital Prints, Framed, 2020
Yuqing Chen, Your life is controlled by the moles on your face, framed C-Type Digital Prints, 2020
Yuqing Chen, The Mole Story, Hardcover Book, 2020
Yuqing Chen, The Mole Story, hardcover book, 2020

We acknowledge and pay respect to the Traditional Owners of the lands upon which our campus is situated, the people of the Boon Wurrung and Woi Wurrung, who have created art, made music and told their stories here for thousands of generations. We also acknowledge and extend our respect to the Traditional Owners of all lands on which our work is viewed, shared and enjoyed, and to all Elders, past, present and emerging.