VCA ART 2020

Isaac Kairouz

Honours

Through installation, sculpture, digital and textile-based collage my work examines the boundaries between childhood and adulthood within the context of playful spatial environments. I describe these spatially complex environments as the InBetween. Here, I am interested in exploring fantasy and the capacity of the imagination to intersect with physical and nonphysical (art object) manifestations. My practice-led research interrogates three major cyclical processes: those occurring between childhood and adulthood, fantasy and imagination, and the InBetween. My practice-led research manifests through these cycles acting as both method and methodology. Through explorations of the InBetween, an oscillation is developed between haptic and digital spaces. My installations are presented in an accessible manner, allowing the audience to relinquish reasonable thought and engage with an outlandish fantasy narrative presented in a naïve and playful environment.

Isaac Kairouz, *installation view*, 2020
Isaac Kairouz, installation view, 2020
Isaac Kairouz, *Babi B MINE!*, fabric collage, 2020
Isaac Kairouz, Babi B MINE!, fabric collage, 2020
Isaac Kairouz, installation view, 2020
Isaac Kairouz, installation view, 2020
Isaac Kairouz, *Bad Boi*, acrylic on canvas, 2020
Isaac Kairouz, Bad Boi, acrylic on canvas, 2020
Isaac Kairouz, installation view, 2020
Isaac Kairouz, installation view, 2020
Isaac Kairouz, installation view, 2020

We acknowledge and pay respect to the Traditional Owners of the lands upon which our campus is situated, the people of the Boon Wurrung and Woi Wurrung, who have created art, made music and told their stories here for thousands of generations. We also acknowledge and extend our respect to the Traditional Owners of all lands on which our work is viewed, shared and enjoyed, and to all Elders, past, present and emerging.

This website may contain sensitive or triggering content