Lia Dewey Morgan

Honours

Based in so-called ‘Melbourne,’ my practice embraces my trans body as an incubator for new models of resilience through crisis. Writing in memetic fragments of tanka, a Japanese form of poetry renowned for its emotive communication, I am interested in how storytelling can respond to trauma and illuminate queer subjectivities. Collating my work in PDF booklets alongside prose writing and photography, I hope to encounter darkness and the unknown with compassion and vulnerability.

Lia Dewey Morgan, graduate exhibition installation view (detail), 2020. Documentation by Christo Crocker, Eliza Dyball and Aaron Rees.
Lia Dewey Morgan, installation view (detail), 2020. Documentation by Christo Crocker, Eliza Dyball and Aaron Rees.
Lia Dewey Morgan, graduate exhibition installation view, 2020. Documentation by Christo Crocker, Eliza Dyball and Aaron Rees.
Lia Dewey Morgan, installation view, 2020. Documentation by Christo Crocker, Eliza Dyball and Aaron Rees.
Lia Dewey Morgan, Bath Songs, pdf, 2020
Lia Dewey Morgan, Bath Songs, pdf, 2020
Lia Dewey Morgan, November 2019, pdf, 2019-2020
Lia Dewey Morgan, Sky Weeds Path, pdf, 2020

We acknowledge and pay respect to the Traditional Owners of the lands upon which our campus is situated, the people of the Boon Wurrung and Woi Wurrung, who have created art, made music and told their stories here for thousands of generations. We also acknowledge and extend our respect to the Traditional Owners of all lands on which our work is viewed, shared and enjoyed, and to all Elders, past, present and emerging.